Tangent Games is looking for a Production Assistant to support its new action adventure game efforts. The Production Assistant will work with Project Leadership to realize the project's schedule, team planning, and core systems. Most importantly, the Production Assistant will work with our teams to foster a collaborative spirit that encourages everyone to help find the right ideas and the best solutions.
- Work closely with designs, designers, engineers, and artists to help ensure that features are realized properly in the game
- Deliver content to the client/stakeholder for review
- Run daily Scrum/team meetings to maximize development team efficiency
- Assign tasks in project tracking software (JIRA/Kanban/Basecamp)
- Provide documentation of planning meetings as needed
- Advocate for defect fixing each sprint to maintain product quality
- Participate in client calls, documenting action items
- Identify team velocity issues on projects
- Facilitate team meetings
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives
- Work with development teams to estimate scope of projects
- Facilitate usability tests for their projects
- Schedule regular meetings along the development lifespan
- Deep knowledge of games and ability to analyze and compare different from a wide variety of games.
- A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional design issues.
- Good written and oral communication skills in order to communicate potential problem areas and collaborate with the development team to suggest solutions
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
- Prior experience working with game development teams
- 4-year undergraduate college degree or Equivalent skill set
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to create, monitor, and maintain project schedules while monitoring the progress of department goals and individual tasks
- Familiarity with agile techniques, including SCRUM, Kanban.
- Familiarity with Basecamp
- Familiarity with traditional production management techniques
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge, and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, and bug-tracking databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product development and management teams
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices
It is Tangent Games’ policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Tangentlemen does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. Tangent Games also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.