Tangent Games are looking for a passionate keyframe Animator to work on our new action adventure game. You will be working closely with the design department to develop responsive characters with strong personalities. Most importantly, you must have a collaborative spirit that encourages everyone to find the right ideas and the best solutions.
- Works with the rigging department to refine skinning of characters and props.
- Willing to experiment with new processes and help R&D animation solutions.
- Create high quality animation content.
- Collaborate with designers on solving gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
- Collaborate with the character team to develop character/creature models with proper proportions, define rigging, and other animation considerations.
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
- Proactive self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of fundamental animation principles and the ability to clearly communicate those ideas to others.
- Have solid knowledge of Industry standard animation tools such as Maya / 3DStudio Max.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of animation pipelines and standard industry processes.
- Keen eye for proper skin deformation and ability to creatively resolve deformation issues.
- Possess technical knowledge/abilities with respect to the implementation of animation into a game engine.
- Experience rigging characters that include advanced rigging elements such as cloth / hair simulation and corrective blend shapes.
- Experience with scripting MEL/Python/3dsmax.
- Experience making combat animations
- Experience with the Unreal 4 game engine.
- Experience with in-game IK solutions such as Human IK or Ikinema.
- Training or experience in acting.
- Experience working with particle effects.
- Experience working with physics simulation tools such as Phys X or Havok.
- Shipped games a plus.