Tangent Games is looking for a Character Concept Artist. You will be responsible for helping establish and perfect the visual look of the characters in the game. You must be flexible, creative, and efficient. It will be up to you to translate the visual goals of the Art Director into representative art.
- Effectively collaborate with a wide-range of development team members Become a conduit of honest and constructive feedback both up and down the chain
- You must be flexible and collaborative with your work, it is a link in a chain. Ensure character concepts are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the game's design and artistic vision of the game
- Maintain a good general knowledge of the game’s design to facilitate communication and enable early identification of issues
- Take responsibility for your schedule and output
- Flexible, proactive self-starter with a positive attitude (rain or shine)
- Experience working within a structured character pipeline
- Advanced ability to create unique, memorable characters that satisfy the goals of the project from an artistic and practical level.
- Create new characters from scratch, as well as provide paintovers of work in progress models
- Work within a variety of styles and moods
A sample that demonstrates the quality and range of your work. This can be images, video, sketchfab/marmoset models, etc. Provide a brief written explanation of the work you did and how you went about it.
It is Tangent Games policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Tangent Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. Tangent Games also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.