Tangent Games is looking for a Lead Character Modeler. You will be responsible for managing a team of character artists with the goal of delivering best-in-class character art. You must be flexible, creative, and goal-oriented. You will be expected to organize your own time between applied model making work, R&D, and team management. It will be up to you to ensure that the vision, technical goals, and quality are maintained throughout the development.
- Effectively collaborate with a wide-range of development team members such as Art Director, Designers, Technical Artist, Animators, Programmers, and Producers to achieve artistic goals and implementation as they relate to design and technological considerations
- Be a conduit of honest and constructive feedback both up and down the chain
- Contribute to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve the product’s visual style. You must be proactive in developing new techniques and workflows
- Ensure character models are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the game's design and artistic vision
- Maintain a good general knowledge of the game’s design to facilitate communication and enable early identification of issues
- Undertake research and information gathering prior to the commencement of a new task
- Take responsibility for the schedule and output of the Character Model Team
- Flexible, proactive self-starter with a positive attitude (rain or shine)
- 4 years minimum professional experience
- Applied knowledge of latest character modeling and texturing techniques
- Experience working within a structured character pipeline
- Core artistic toolset: Design, Composition, Anatomy, Material description
- Experience making characters that include advanced rigging elements such as cloth/hair simulation and corrective blend shapes
- Experience transforming character concepts into character models while maintaining the visual intent
- Experience with the Unreal 4 game engine
- Shipped games
- Experience with FAC based facial animation pipeline
A sample that demonstrates the quality and range of your work. This can be images, video, sketchfab/marmoset models, etc. Provide a brief written explanation of the work you did and how you went about it.
It is Tangent Games’ policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Tangentlemen does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. Tangent Games also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.