Middle Office Software Engineer
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality trading signals (Alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ trading strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of Alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global trading platform.
Technologists at WorldQuant research, design, code, test and deploy projects while working collaboratively with researchers and portfolio managers. Our environment is relaxed yet intellectually intense. Our teams are lean and agile, which means rapid prototyping of products with immediate user feedback. We seek people who think in code, aspire to solve undiscovered computer science challenges and are motivated by being around like-minded people. In fact, of the 600 employees globally, approximately 500 of them code on a daily basis.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The Role: We are seeking an exceptionally talented software developer in the middle office development group. The candidate will be working on next generation technology to build a scalable, real time view of the firm’s financial data. As a key member of the team the candidate will have the opportunity to offer new technology solutions to help improve our capabilities. Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
- Design, code, and debug operations, reporting, pre and post trade analysis applications on Linux platforms
- Analyze requirements, develop/test code, and manage product deliverables to targeted release dates
- Interface with users for requirements gathering and specification
- Interface with operations support team for deployment and training
- Participate in all facets of a project’s life cycle from design, implementation, testing, documentation and deployment
- Provide support for new and legacy applications
- Act as a mentor to help improve junior members of the team’s technical capabilities
What You’ll Bring:
- Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from a top university
- Advanced knowledge and experience with streaming application development (Kafka, Spark, Redis a plus but not mandatory)
- Demonstrated experience with Object Oriented Programming languages
- Strong experience in querying large data sets using SQL
- Design and develop scalable software
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to work with complex systems and develop a strong understanding of underlying details in order to provide creative solutions
- Be self-motivated and take initiative with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Finance, trading systems and PnL experience a plus but not mandatory
- Experience with streaming UI development a plus
Position based in Budapest.