This position is at the newly-opening R&D center of a global leader in the wind energy industry.
Education: BSc or MSc in Aerodynamics Engineering or related fields with aerodynamics exposure
Previous Experience: 3-5 years
Required Knowledge: Aerodynamic design, aeroacoustics, CFD analysis, CAD, wind tunnel testing knowledge
Advanced written and spoken English
Wind Energy Experience
Wind turbine performances
Modelling, simulation and correlation procedures
3D/2D geometric design (advanced surfaces)
Numerical simulation CFD software (Ansys CFD, OpenFOAM, CFX, ICEM-CFD, etc.)
3D/2D geometrical design (CATIA)
MISSION: Design and calculate aerodynamic and aeroacoustic wind turbine rotor and define the power curve and wind noise.
- Perform the aerodynamic and aeroacoustic design of the rotor of the wind turbine.
- Perform numerical simulations (CFD, Class II aeroacoustic methods, etc.) to evaluate aerodynamic design in sufficient detail. Also for analysis of complex wind farms where aeronautical kind CFD simulation methods are required.
- Create the external surface (3D) of the blade in CAD format, with the required quality and taking into account the structural and manufacturing restrictions specified.
- Define the test requirements and acceptance criteria for aerodynamic and aeroacoustic design validation. Analysis and interpretation of test results.
- Collaborate in the definition of the requirements of the blade, specifying the nominal values and the tolerances of the geometric parameters related to the aerodynamic and aeroacoustic performances.
- Calculate wind turbine power curve for required wind conditions
- Calculate the wind turbine acoustic power curve for required wind conditions
- Define the laws of pitch and rotor speed, from a static point of view, according to power criteria, aerodynamic loads and noise emission
- Analyze blade manufacturing deviations by assessing impact on power and noise.
- Possible initial training period in Spain, 3 to 6 months
- Afterwards approx. 2 - 3 travels to Spain per year, 1-2 weeks period each