- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
- 10 years of experience at a relevant position in large organizations is a must
- Banking experience is a plus
- Excellent technical knowledge in PostgreSQL DBs
- Experience in migration projects of from Traditional DBs into PostgreSQL, MongoDB etc.
- Experience in designing & developing database solutions for different application requirements
- Excellent understanding of Redis, Mongo, Neo4j, Cassandra and Maria DBs
- Pro-actively stay current with latest technologies and industry best practices associated to the position through self-learning and R&D
- Good knowledge of the products licensing
- Strategic thinking with research and development mindset.
- Adequate understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Reporting to the Senior Platform Owner, this position will:
* focus on Opensource Database products, this include PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, Maria and resume the end to end responsibility of the platform ownership within the company.
* be accountable for the overall platform operational stability and lead the products engineering strategy and lifecycle.
* be required to be up to date with the relevant product releases and continuously conduct research and development to carefully select the features that will require to be in the relevant products backlog.
* play a key role in establishing, maintaining and enforcing standards that will ensure database performance is preserved despite continuous development and changes from the application and development teams; allowing agile delivery for all projects.