The installation manager will function as an installation supervisor for a wide range of Signalling and Telecommunication works. Plans and administers the work of installation technical personnel under him and works in a broad range of on-site activities. Administrates and supervises the tasks of application installation workers and subcontracting associates. He plans the tasks of the staff and supervises the start of services and transport of materials to site as per the Contract requirements. Checks that all the installations are fit for purpose and that they work effectively. Ensures that all the technicians follow the rules and regulations of installations.
An installation manager has the following key responsibilities, duties and jobs:
- Monitoring the activities of his associates and ensuring that the company's installation targets are met.
- Holding accountability for meeting the target aims and objectives of the project, specific to the locations, about installation processes.
- Directing, handling and overseeing the field service foremen who help in meeting the targets of the installation sections.
- Planning and directing of installation works daily.
- Supervising and leading a unit of installer technicians.
- Planning and administering the logistics of personnel and material resources.
- Assessing the effectiveness of tasks and introducing corrective measures accordingly.
- Aligning with the work of the project manager and assisting to report and consolidate results.
- Providing the associates of the company with daily inputs and creative suggestions regarding the installation methods and procedures.
- Ensuring that all his supervisory and administrative task undertakings agree with the laws, rules and existing policies of the company.
- Coordinating with other company departments to execute installation works in a timely manner.
- Interacting with the Employer (Project owner) and the Technical Consultant (Engineer) to ensure contented client services.
- Making sure that all the tasks are executed in agreement to the Contract.
- Carrying out all other assigned jobs and duties of the company that an installation manager is supposed to do effectively and efficiently.
Qualifications and Skills Required
The candidate should have a bachelor's -preferably graduate- degree in the fields of Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similarly related fields. Excellent knowledge of English language (writing and speaking) is required. Position typically requires 5 years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor; 3 years supervisory experience. Having administrative working experience would be an added benefit. Should have good, communication and presentation skills, as well as good administrative, time management and analytical skills. Also, should have the ability to work long periods in a project abroad in a multinational environment.
An installation manager works in a busy environment. He may have to travel frequently between construction sites. Must be flexible to compensate for any last-minute time plan changes and adjust work activities accordingly. He may be required to work on weekends and longer hours.