The AVP Data Ingestion leads a team of Data practitioners and Data Engineers. The role is mainly an operational role, ensuring the data ingestion process is well managed and delivery focused, ensuring delivery commitments are achieved. The role also is required to ensure architectural standards and patterns are defined and adhered to and optimize the data ingestion process..
The AVP Data Ingestion is responsible and accountable for data integration i.e. loading data from source systems into the data platforms, Hadoop, HANA Financial Services Data Platform or any other platforms. The main tools of use is Informatica Big Data Management. Going forward the data ingestion will include real-time data ingestion using KAFKA and Informatica Big Data Streaming. The role is required to work closely with Business and Technology stakeholders.
This role involves ensuring the data pipelines are defined and the process of loading the data is resourced with highly skilled Senior Data Engineers.
• Bachelors of Computer Science or Equivalent
• Relevant Certification
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Banking & Finance industry
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in Data Warehouse
• Knowledge/exposure to Modern Data Warehouse Architecture
• 5 years of data ingestion
• Agile working practices
• 5 years Data Engineering experience
• 2 years experience of DevOps, CI/CD
• 5 years experience of managing large team >10
• 4+ years of working experience with ETL tool, preferably Informatica
• Solid knowledge of Data Warehouse principles
• 2 years Experience of working with Hadoop
• Experience of working with Hadoop related tools e.g. Spark, Scqoop
• 2 years Experience of working in Agile teams as part of a squad.
• 1 year Experience of technical aspects of Data Governance including glossary, metadata, data quality, master data management & data lifecycle management
• Should have excellent problem-solving and time management skills
• Strong analytical thinking skills
• Work collaboratively as part of a team
• Clear and demonstrative communication
• Drive Innovation and continuous improvement
• Self-learner, continues to update their skills and knowledge base.