The AVP Reporting & Analytics leads a team of Data practitioners and BI Engineers. The role is mainly an operational role, building data visualizations and dashboards and reports, ensuring delivery commitments are achieved. The role also is required to ensure architectural standards and patterns are defined and adhered to and ensure data visualizations are engaging and meet user needs.
The AVP Reporting & Analytics is responsible and accountable for data visualizations i.e. dashboards and reports using Microsoft Power BI and SSRS. The role also involves ensuring consistency of modelling standards when building Tabular and Dimensional models. The role is required to work closely with Business and Technology stakeholders.
A key part of the role is resource management e.g. working with resource vendors scaling to provide resources to meet delivery demand.
As part of good data management the role will ensure data is profiled and meta-data is captured.
• Bachelors of Computer Science or Equivalent
• Relevant Certification
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Banking & Finance industry
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in Data Reporting & Analytics
• Knowledge/exposure to Visualization tools
• Agile working practices
• Experience of Cloud e.g. Microsoft Azure
• 2 years experience of DevOps, CI/CD
• 5 years experience of managing large team >10
• 4+ years of working experience with Dashboard tools, preferably Power BI.
• Solid knowledge of Data Warehouse principles
• Experience of working with Hadoop
• Experience of working with Hadoop related tools e.g. Spark, Scqoop
• 2 years Experience of working in Agile teams as part of a squad.
• 1 year Experience of technical aspects of Data Governance including glossary, metadata, data quality, master data management & data lifecycle management
• Should have excellent problem-solving and time management skills
• Strong analytical thinking skills
• Work collaboratively as part of a team
• Clear and demonstrative communication
• Drive Innovation and continuous improvement
• Self learner, continues to update their skills and knowledge base.