• The VP of Agile Delivery will be a thought leader and subject matter expert on delivery using Agile, and will constantly look to improve the delivery process whilst ensuring the business needs are met.
• He/she will lead the multiple Agile delivery squads (teams) delivering large and complex Digital Bank projects across multiple business lines.
• He/she will liaise directly with both Business and Product Owners to ensure their requirements are being satisfied by and will act as a point of escalation for any technology issues.
• At a team level, he/she will play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, processes and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the delivery squads.
• In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, he/she will use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for delivering the project goals.
• He/she will also be responsible for identifying and developing individuals within the agreed training budget.
• He/she will provide input into Business cases and provide accountability for ensuring all necessary IT/risk/audit governance is met.
- Delivery Planning and Management: Managing the key roles within the squads and chapters within the Agile delivery unit. Prioritizing resource needs in line with business priorities. Forming squads with the appropriate resource in order to meet the Product Owner needs.
- Defining and assigning resource to key Chapter Lead roles, in order to provide business and technical SMEs where they are required.
- Providing regular and timely delivery of value; monitoring against progress against the business roadmap.
- Team Management: Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members; act as manager and provide escalation path for team mergers
- Product Owner Support: Support the Product Owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Team building: promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
Leadership Skills – Capability to manage and coach others.
Management Skills – Require 5 + years of IT delivery experience using Agile methodologies.
Subject Matter Expertise – Deep understanding of the Digital Bank business across all products and a solid IT delivery background
Industry – Banking IT Expertise (min. 5 years)
Regional – Local UAE/Middle-east experience (preferable)
Technical – Banking IT expertise (min. 5 years)
Technical – Deep understanding of Agile methodologies in particular SCRUM.
Management – Known team leader able to bring onboard resource
Thinking: Emotionally mature in order to make the right decision.
People: Able to influence others effectively in order to bring them onside.
Empowering people deliver
Self-motivated and Constantly looking to improve