Our customer in Berlin is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform, with data at the center of delivering amazing food experiences.
They’re a truly global team, working across 45 countries to ensure their customers are able to find, order and receive their favourite food in the fastest way possible. The company started this business in 2011 and has become the world’s largest food-delivery network.
If you’re an enthusiastic, creative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Install, configure and maintain data infrastructure and large scale data applications in a cloud environment.
- Ensure security, compliance, operational resilience, stability and scalability of Big Data and Machine Learning systems.
- Develop tools and processes to monitor and automate application management and incident response.
- Build analytics tools to provide actionable insights into application performance, efficiency and quality.
- Provide methods and practice leadership to engineering teams to improve development agility, security profile and operational resilience of data applications.
- MS in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related.
- Advanced expertise (8+ years) deploying, managing and monitoring complex distributed applications at scale in a cloud environment.
Your heroic skills:
- Advanced expertise (8+ years) of deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of Linux, Mac, and Windows systems.
- Advanced expertise (8+ years) using at least one scripting (Python, bash, ...) and one object programming (Java, C#, ...) language.
- Extensive familiarity (6+ years) with implementing, configuring, deploying, monitoring and ensuring the reliability of applications in a cloud environment.
- Extensive familiarity (6+ years) with one or more cloud vendor services and management tools (AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenShift).
- Practical knowledge (4+ years) managing BigData applications handling streaming data at scale (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, AWS S3, BigQuery).
- Practical knowledge (4+ years) configuring and deploying serverless and containerized applications (Docker, DCOS, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda, Google Compute Engine).
- Practical knowledge (4+ years) deploying and using change management, release management and CI/CD tools and processes (GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CloudFormation).
- Familiarity (2+ years) with agile practices and processes (Scrum).
Aptitudes for success:
- Strives in complex, fast moving environments.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work effectively within cross-teams collaborations.
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends.
- Passionate about adopting data-driven approaches to ensure efficiency, reliability and agility.
The company offer you:
- English is -working language, but colleagues come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- They offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following company's development career plan.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in the company provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- The company's building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, they provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration
- Their employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.