This position is at the newly-opening R&D center of a global leader in the wind energy industry.
Education: B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
Previous experience: Minimum experience Electrical Drives or Power Electronic Systems, 5 years with at least 2 years in wind industry or similar experience in educational sector.
Mandatory Technical knowledge and experience:
- Electrical engineering
- Strong experience and knowledge in electrical drives (converter+motor)
- Experience in converter HW and application of Power electronics (LV and MV)
- Knowledge and experience with high power semiconductors and their state of the art
- Electrical drive integration and testing.
- Modeling and simulation of power systems and their dynamic responses.
- Able to work independently to generate detailed models and simulation based on high level requirements and able to interpret/troubleshoot simulation results
- Short circuits.
- Transient stability (mainly LVRT and OVRT)
- Electromagnetic transients simulation (EMT)
- MATLAB and Simulink high level
- PSCAD or PSIM - proficient level.
Additional preferred knowledge:
- Electrical Machines.
- Knowledge of DFIG systems
- Application of Cables & Transformers
- Voltage/Current protections
- Simulation & Modeling: Wind turbines, desirable experience with DFIG technologies for transient stability studies.
- Wind power plants; or at least renewable energy power plants in which multiple components.
- Renewable systems: mainly wind turbines, but also PV and storage.
- Grid interaction: Grid Codes and Grid Events.
- Renewable Energy: Wind Turbine and Wind Farm engineering.
- Wind to electricity principles.DFIG and Full converter technologies.
Information technology: Office 365, SharePoint, PLM SW
Languages: Advance level in English, writing and speaking. Spanish will be a plus
Mission: Conceptualize, design and integrate Electrical Drive Systems in Renewables, with strong focus on medium/long term technologies. Continuous improvements in power converters. Calculation and simulations of electrical drives.
Activities: Develop new technologies/solutions related with electrical drive systems.Simulation and modeling of electrical drive systems Reporting projects: design report, trade off reports… Development calculation tools related with electrical drive systems. Support design activities regarding wind turbines.
Mobility: Mobility is required to attend workshops, meetings or trainings in other countries, mainly in Spain&Denmark but other countries possible.