This position is at the newly-opening R&D center of a global leader in the wind energy industry.
Education: B.Sc or M.Sc in electrical or electronic engineering
Previous experience: Minimum experience in MV Electrical Machines and/or Wind Farm Analysis: 5 years, at least 2 of them years working with insulation systems or similar experience in educational sector.
Mandatory Technical knowledge and experience:
- Electrical Machines. High knowledge in transformers and their applications.
- Insulation systems, especially in MV Electrical machines integration and testing.
- Load flow, short circuits.
- Transient stability
- Electromagnetic transient simulation (EMT)
Configuration, simulation and modeling of Wind Farms, including:
- FACTS (STATCOM, etc.)
- Capacitor/inductor banks
- MATLAB, PSCAD, DigSilent (or similar softwares).
Additional preferred knowledge:
- Voltage/current protections
- Harmonics detection and compensation
- Numerical analysis.
- Optimization techniques.
- Life estimation.
- Wind Turbine and Wind Farm engineering.
- Wind to electricity principles.
- Programming languages: C & Fortran
Information technology: Office 365, SharePoint, PLM SW (Windchill, TeamCenter,…)
Languages: Advanced level in English, writing and speaking. Spanish is a plus
Mission: Integration and development of electrical systems in wind industry. Continuous improvements. Calculation and simulations of insulation in electrical machines (esp. transformers). Wind farm analysis (load flow, short circuit, transients…)
- Development of projects related to MV transformers and their integration in wind turbines and wind farms
- Simulation and modeling of electrical machines and wind farms
- Project reporting: design reports, trade-off reports, …
- Development of calculation tools related with electrical machines.
- Support of design activities regarding wind turbines.
Functions: Design engineer focused in technology projects, reporting to project manager. Also to lead small projects. Support design teams regarding electrical issues in other projects related to renewable energy.