Our mission at Tailwind is to make world-class marketing easy for everyone. Today our visual marketing tool helps over 200,000 brands, businesses, and influencers get results on Pinterest and Instagram.
We’re looking for an Full-Stack Developer to join Oklahoma City-based software engineering team.
- You’re passionate about building products people love
- You embrace the full-stack infrastructure and aren’t afraid to switch between languages and platforms
- You’re comfortable writing front-end components, unit-testing a back-end endpoint or anything in between
- You love data
- You have exceptional analytical skills, are a creative out-of-the-box thinker, and are comfortable with quickly learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies
- You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel
- You're a doer, builder and self-starter, and the thought of an entrepreneurial endeavor doesn't scare you… It excites you.
Desired skills & experience
- We're seeking someone with experience working in a developer role on a fast-growing product. The value you can contribute to the team are much more important to us than years of experience or titles.
- You should have a solid understanding of the full stack involved in building best-in-class web applications and the back-end magic that it takes to make it all hum.
- You have experience in handling large volumes of data and strong database skills are preferred.
- You are also comfortable working in an agile development environment, where requirements and goals might rapidly evolve as we listen to and learn from our users.
What you'll be doing
You'll be expected to dive into our stack and toolkit, and start shipping code on day one; immediately having the opportunity to shape and influence the direction of the product, the team and the company as a whole in a big way.
- Build new features that help the Tailwind community become world-class marketers.
- Contribute to each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release, including rapidly prototyping, participating in customer development research calls and pushing code into production.
- Find positive ways to impact our engineering culture and the way we build.
- Challenge yourself with difficult problems without being afraid to fail and learn from your mistakes.
- Actively look for ways to share your experience and knowledge with the team; we frequently hold Lunch & Learns on everything from React best practices to Sketch for Developers.
Our technology stack
- Back-end: PHP, Laravel
- Mobile: iOS, (Android coming soon!)
- Database: MariaDB, TokuDB
- Other Backend: Beanstalk, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Version Control & Deployment: Git, Custom Bash
- Development Environment: Vagrant
- Testing: PhpUnit, Tape, Enzyme
- Hosting: Rackspace (dedicated + cloud + CDN), AWS (cloud + CDN)
- Communication: Clubhouse, Slack, and Github
You should have production experience with some or all of these technologies, or at a minimum, related technologies that would enable you to learn what is necessary to start contributing quickly.
- React Native
- Android development
- Strong Dev-Ops chops
- Active Open Source contribution
- Alternative database experience (Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, etc.)
- Big Data stack (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig)
- Data Science: hdf5, Gensim, pandas, SciPy, etc.
- Machine learning or NLP
- Product Design / UX experience
- Creating / Scaling APIs
- We are all owners (literally): We take responsibility, don’t pass blame, and don’t rest until the problem is solved
- We're growing quickly: We’re doubling in size year-over-year, and are consistently profitable
- We care deeply about customers and build our product to actually makes their lives better, which is why our net churn is near 0%, and our average NPS score is a 9
- We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement
- We’re multi-office: Most of our team members work in our headquarters in Oklahoma City, while many of us call our New York City office home.
- We’re radically transparent: The entire team has visibility into our roadmap, financials, compensation formula and Board level discussions, and is invited to contribute to “executive-level” decisions on a regular basis. We give and receive unfiltered feedback in real-time, trusting in each other that it’s all with the goal of improving ourselves, our product and our company as quickly as possible. Remember: we’re all owners.
- We’re a growing team of 20+ that blends deep early stage DNA (team + alumni have started 17 companies, and helped build 18 other startups) with industry expertise born out of leading names in tech and marketing such as Google, YouTube, AOL, A Weber, Wildfire, a la mode, BigWing Interactive, Yodle and AT&T interactive
- We believe our industry’s lack of diversity hurts us all and work hard to foster a company culture that’s inclusive and appreciative of everyone’s talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences
We have implemented a uniquely transparent compensation model based on our culture and values. You can learn more about our Tailwind Open Compensation System here: www.tailwindapp.com/about/open-compensation
While applying, we'll ask you for your target compensation level; we use this question strictly to screen out candidates who are not feasible hires based on our compensation system. It will not / does not impact what we offer any candidate.