In this position, you will lead the team’s front-end web development efforts: designing and implementing new capabilities into the platform with an agile and very talented engineering team. You will work closely with the founders and field engineering to deliver a cutting-edge solution to our industrial clients. Your work will be instrumental in delivering value to our production clients, including innovative approaches to equipment and fleet data visualization, collaboration tooling, and overall application design.
- 3+ years of software development work experience
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Expertise with D3; especially familiarity with visualizations for large amounts of time series data
- Experience with UI testing framework such as Jest or Karma
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills
- Deep focus on quality
- Interest and ability to learn other front-end technologies as needed
- Contributions to open-source frameworks including Node/npm or front-end JS libraries
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Experience with back-end web application development (Node), databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience in visual and graphic design
- Working knowledge with other server/web technologies (Python, Java, etc.)
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!). We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety.
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.