In this position, you will lead the team’s front-end web development efforts: prototyping and implementing new capabilities into the platform with an agile and very talented engineering team. You will work closely with the founders and field engineering to deliver a cutting-edge solution to our industrial clients. Your work will be instrumental in delivering value to our production clients, including innovative approaches to equipment and fleet data visualization, collaboration tooling, and overall application design.
As we grow, you are expected to hire and lead a front-end development team.
- Working closely with UX/UI resources to turn wireframes and visual designs into compelling user-facing products.
- Working with technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop our primary client-side web application.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications and ensure them to be rendered consistently in cross-browser environments.
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Writing clean, scalable, standards-compliant, and reusable code with strong focus on quality.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and workarounds.
- Comfortable using version control systems such as Git.
- Have a proactive mindset and bring ideas to the table.
- Deep focus on detail and quality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated (in your portfolio) eye for design and solving real-world user problems.
- Experience writing tests for front-end code.
- Experience working with very large datasets.
- Relevant experience in data visualization using D3.js or other visualization library/tool.
- Working knowledge with other server/web technologies (Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience in Test-Driven Development methodology.
- Contributions to open-source frameworks and/or libraries.
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!). We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety.
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.