In this position, you will help build out data infrastructure within Data Science. The tools you build impact model development, deployment, model performance reporting, and data monitoring. You will work closely with the founders and field engineering to deliver a cutting-edge solution to our industrial clients.
As a senior data scientist on the team, you are expected to drive our machine learning strategy and overall development. We are actively researching and deploying novel machine learning methods. Part of the work includes publishing certain work in leading ML journals and presenting.
- Work with software development team to manage data pipeline
- Develop and deploy new methods around survival modeling and anomaly detection
- Design and implement data warehouses, real-time ETL, and batch processing data to support modeling needs
- Build and maintain internal data processing and visualization tools
- 5+ years of data science work experience
- Masters or preferably PhD in relevant technical field
- Deep experience with Python
- Experience shipping products and features early/often
- Experience working with very large datasets, especially using Dask and Kinesis
- Background in time series analysis, hidden Markov models, Gaussian processes, and variational inference.
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!). We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety.