We work with a huge number of user types, ranging from field engineers, to product managers, to asset management executives. Designing effective user experiences for each of these groups, across our platform, is essential.
In this position, you will lead the team’s UI/UX and design efforts: designing our platform’s interface. You will design outstanding interfaces, and work with our agile and very talented engineering team to implement it.
You will work closely with the founders and field engineering to deliver a cutting-edge solution to our industrial clients. Your work will be instrumental in delivering value to our production clients, including innovative approaches to equipment and fleet data visualization, and overall application design.
- Expand and maintain a library of UI patterns and guidelines
- Design and run our user workshops with clients: understand user needs and translate these into functional spec.
- Work with our engineering team to define user needs and help with the creation of product features to provide a smooth user experience.
- Deliver detailed wireframes to present to customers; create click through prototypes for testing purposes and be able to iterate.
- Support general company design needs, including print and web materials.
- 3+ years of experience designing software interfaces
- Keen design sense represented in design portfolio
- Extremely detail oriented
- Expert competency with Sketch and/or Illustrator
- Experience using a design version control solution (e.g. Abstract, InVision)
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Expertise in data visualization libraries (D3.js, chart.js processing.js, raphael.js, etc.)
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!). We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety.
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.