We are seeking a talented Back-End Software Engineer to join our growing team. As member of our Software Engineering group, you will be building and maintaining our primary API, codenamed Thor. You must have deep experience with test frameworks, and NoSQL databases. Thor will be available to our clients to extend our platform functionality, so your work must be clear, scalable, extensible, and well-documented.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our primary API
- Contribute to build critical tools to manage our solution
- 2+ years of software development work experience
- Proficient with modern web technologies/frameworks (think Node/Express, Python/Django, etc.)
- Deep understanding of REST API and database design
- Fast and efficient learner and worker
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills
- Heavy emphasis on clean, quality code
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Expert in Node
- Experience working with very large datasets and/or a TSDB (Influx, etc.)
- Contributions to an open-source project
- DevOps experience in deployment, QA, security, and AWS
- Working knowledge of Python or Golang
Work with the founding team to solve some of the hardest problems in heavy industry (using lots of unique data!). We work with energy companies and utilities around the world to increase infrastructure reliability, reduce costs, and improve safety.
As a fast growing technology company, we offer all members of the team part-ownership through an Employee Stock Option Plan. We also offer health insurance benefits, discounted gym memberships, and encourage a team-oriented work environment with regular company outings.