Visual design today is a delicate blend of data, science, and art. Those who love building things in digital spaces are forever balancing fundamentals with an ever evolving canvas. How do we forge visual identities for brands into experiences at critical touch points between consumer and brand?
T3 is looking for a Visual Design Director to lead an expanding team designing current and future-thinking web, mobile, desktop, kiosk and open-endedly innovative interactive experiences and systems. This is a new titled role at T3, though we’ve been designing such experiences for nearly 30 years now. The role will help refine and elevate our current and future approaches in Product and Service Design, as well.
Working closely with our experience design (UX, XD, Content Strategy) teams, you’ll have a pretty wide open responsibility for reimagining experiences that connect brands and their consumers. But your driving center is visual design; beautiful, functional, and just damn smart at every turn. You’re deliberate and opinionated, but also responsive to internal and client feedback. You nerd out in visual design blogs and tools, both professionally and personally. You’ve got a free-ranging curiosity and problem solving gene built in. As a leader, you can command a room and a project—internally or externally—and inspire colleagues to tackle tough challenges and build beautiful things.
This is a very hands-on role: both serving as a creative lead on projects, but also pushing pixels and being the lead visionary for our clients. Your portfolio should show a strong sense of design aesthetics, solid visual design systems, and a bold but buildable range of really smart, beautiful design work. You’ll be doing and directing; problem-solving, sleeve-rolling and collaborative leaders are high on our wish lists.
- Solid experience in visual design of experiences across a range of interfaces
- Capable of passionately and competently presenting work to internal and client teams
- Proven ability to work as part of a collaborative team with creative, UX, strategy, technology, and account leads
- Ability to own your own projects and see them through from concept to production
- Demonstrated experience in being the creative lead for a team, focused less on simply “directing” and more doing and directing. In short, you’re a player/coach.
The ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience with a strong aesthetic, a fast design hand, a collaborative spirit, and a deep love of Visual Design
- Deep, demonstrated experience building and managing teams of 10 or more
- Passion for staying abreast of experience design trends
- Strong background in universal UX principles
- Strong background and demonstrated experience in forging cohesive design language systems, brand guides and implementing them against a diverse collection of brands
- Strong sense of type, color, grid, and composition
- Strong craft skills preferred including near-magical-level Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Experience in current gen tools: Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, and/or related
- Ability to think and do. We don’t just build decks here… we build THINGS
- Curious, open mind that’s willing to dive into a range of topics (from consumer to technical innovations)
- Drama-free sense of rolling up your sleeves to solve problems
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and navigate ambiguous projects with grace and tenacity
- Strong presence with clients; you can present, defend, and discuss your work
What we want to see in your work:
- A range of brand experience and digital projects
- Deep experience in building teams and client relationships
- Usefulness in helping people and clients achieve their goals
T3 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer oriented toward inclusivity. We celebrate diversity, not just in commitment but in action. We get it and hire people that do, too.