Synup is a New York City & Bengaluru based startup with operations in The United States, Canada & Australia. Our SaaS solution enables organizations to manage public facts about them across search, social, voice, connected-car ecosystems and augmented reality. Whether you're looking for a coffee shop that has wi-fi, a bar that has outdoor seating or a hospital that is open right now, Synup's services power this information across sources like Google, Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri and Yelp.
We help businesses deliver a better customer experience by ensuring that everyone is finding up-to-date, accurate and complete information about the physical stores including location, hours, menu, inventory and more. We currently manage facts for over 150,000 locations and track over a billion attributes about these businesses.
Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
As a UX Designer, you will focus on improving the entire experience of our product to identify, brainstorm and solve problems faced by our clients by and work closely with the team to release new product features. Armed with empathy, you will craft design concepts that meaningfully improve the user experience of Synup. You will take those concepts from paper or whiteboard sketches through to detailed, precise wireframes and prototypes that allow developers to understand the detail behind your proposals. As part of a growing design team, you will have the chance to contribute fresh ideas and ways of working.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Reviewing requirements gathered from client stakeholders , product managers, and exploring how these can be translated into a compelling design concept
- Creating simple & highly engaging user workflows
- Owning overall product research for the existing platform and multiple new features in the pipeline- including specifications, mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, navigation maps etc.
- Collaborating with other UX designers to carry out user research, discovering the insights that will guide your concepts
- Illustrating user journeys personas and goals, information models and more
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary
- Producing wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to stakeholders, potential users, developers and other audiences
- Working closely with Visual Designers to collaboratively sketch out early thinking and to iterate on detailed interaction design work
- Providing developers and product managers with detail about your design concepts, through annotations and/or verbal briefings
- Actively seeking out feedback and constantly challenging both your own ideas and those of others on your team
You have a talent and passion not only for experience & interaction design but for information architecture, prototyping, and user research. You are deeply curious about people — their motives, their environments, the things they are trying to achieve — and recognise that they are at the core of any design project you carry out.
Bad user experiences frustrate you and you would take every opportunity you get to eliminate them.
Experience and Qualifications
- Level of Experience: 4+ years of experience
- You will have a degree or post-graduate qualification in Interaction Design, HCI, Product design or have had relevant work experience
- You are adept at creating sketches to explore, communicate and iterate your ideas at an early stage
- You have experience of using commonly used prototyping tools like Balsamiq. You can quickly develop competence in new software tools when required.
- Preferably, you'll have designed products and services with complex user interfaces. Previous work on a SaaS product is definitely a plus.
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots
- You are tirelessly enthusiastic and love championing user experience within an agile product development team.
- Willing to work for a start-up and go extra mile
- Willing to work independently with little or no supervision
- You are friendly and adaptable, an excellent communicator, and believe in working transparently
- You are confident and knowledgeable about interaction design, information architecture and analysis of user requirements.