Synup is a New York City & Bengaluru based startup with operations in The United States, Canada & Australia. Our SaaS solution enables organizations to manage public facts about them across search, social, voice, connected-car ecosystems and augmented reality. Whether you're looking for a coffee shop that has wi-fi, a bar that has outdoor seating or a hospital that is open right now, Synup's services power this information across sources like Google, Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri and Yelp.
We help businesses deliver a better customer experience by ensuring that everyone is finding up-to-date, accurate and complete information about the physical stores including location, hours, menu, inventory and more. We currently manage facts for over 150,000 locations and track over a billion attributes about these businesses.
Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
As a Backend Engineer at Synup, you will be responsible for working on features that directly impact users.
* Work with your Technical Manager to ensure a feature implementation is scalable for the next million businesses that will use Synup
* Work in cross-functional teams to build internal tools
* Analyze & build tools to debug sub-systems
* Building reporting mechanisms to ensure a sub-system's performance
* Work with the Infrastructure Engineers to ensure smooth deployments
* Get mentored by some of the finest folks in Bangalore
The kind of people we are looking for:
* You have 3-10 yrs of work experience in Ruby on Rails
* An eye for detail in your work
* Be proactive and interested in solving problems for others
* Be able to explore and pickup new tools & languages. Our codebase is mostly in Ruby, But we have a few sub-systems using Python, Elixir and GoLang
Projects you could work on
Build GraphQL endpoints for every customer facing component or move existing APIs from REST to GraphQL.
With just under a billion pages crawled for 300 million unique listings, we have built a state of the art crawling system that powers our free scan product. If you like thinking about distributed systems, you might find a good home here!
Design, build and maintain integrations with 50 different partners. We are constantly expanding our network and continue to onboard a partner every month. While most of our integrations are straightforward, we do have some convoluted head spinning quirks in our systems. Help us simplify them.
Integrate our payments partner into our sales pipeline back into our lead generation tool. We believe in automating as many manual, repetitive tasks so that our team gets more productive and uses their time in deriving insights from the vast data that we gather.
Plan and implement multi-region availability for our distributed job queuing infrastructure! All of our systems can sustain losing machines, and making our systems even more resistant to failure is a big theme for us.
We have a lot of batch jobs that run every day. How would you plan and build data pipelines, workflows and reporting for these batch jobs?
You should include these in your application:
A short introduction describing who you are and what you’re looking for. What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you?
Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, Blog etc).