Finance Manager is responsible for performing highly specialized accounting & finance work required to maintain the Synup entities general ledger. The Finance Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities of the staff (in-house & outsourced partners) to quickly and accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities. The candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter with supervisory, review, and proofing experience. The Finance Manager is also responsible for preparing annual financial statements and coordinating the annual audit. This position will work closely with VP Finance.
- Perform month close activities for India and other international entities and consolidation as per US-GAAP
- Responsible for vendor payments & employee T&E claims including purchase order process.
- Performing intercompany reconciliation, creating intercompany invoices and coordinating the receipts and payments from/to outside respective regions.
- Prepare the annual financial statements of Synup entities as per the local GAAP.
- Responsible for managing the statutory and other audits.
- Review statutory payment and terms and returns. And ensure they are paid and filed on time.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Calculating the advance tax, deferred tax on a periodical basis.
- Coordinating with the external agency for payroll, corporate secretarial compliance, etc.
- Participate in global finance projects.
- Preferably working in Big 4 audit or accounting firm or an MNC
- 5 + years of experience in Audit & Assurance, Finance Reporting.
- In-depth understanding of USGAAP, IFRS, GST, withholding tax, corporate income tax, corporate laws, statutory returns & compliance.
- Strong communication skills to work with various functional teams.
- Ability to work on ERP systems. NetSuite experience will be an added advantage.
- Adaptability to change in a fast-growth environment
At Synup, we are on a mission to transform our clients’ ability to deliver relevant, timely and trustworthy business content across all locations, devices, and digital media channels. We are obsessed with delivering beautiful products to our customers and our product team is central to driving global growth for our company.
Synup is growing at a breakneck pace and needs builders and leaders capable of ideating, implementing and managing processes. You should be comfortable working in unstructured environments, making decisions quickly and optimizing your approach continuously.
Synup has an innovative, collaborative and passionate culture. We look for creative and driven self-starters that can think globally, relate to others empathetically and act quickly. We foster a culture of open dialogue, mutual respect, and intellectual rigor, with a healthy dose of humor. If you’re a collaborative team player capable of wearing multiple hats, Synup may be the place for you.
Synup is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We live diversity every day and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, nationality, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, socio-economic level, or other non-merit factors.