Synup is a New York City & Bengaluru based startup with operations in The United States, Canada & Australia. Our SaaS solution enables organizations to manage public facts about them across search, social, voice, connected-car ecosystems and augmented reality. Whether you're looking for a coffee shop that has wi-fi, a bar that has outdoor seating or a hospital that is open right now, Synup's services power this information across sources like Google, Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri and Yelp.
We help businesses deliver a better customer experience by ensuring that everyone is finding up-to-date, accurate and complete information about the physical stores including location, hours, menu, inventory and more. We currently manage facts for over 150,000 locations and track over a billion attributes about these businesses.
Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
- Manage our database infrastructure, primarily with Postgres databases
- Provide database resiliency and reliability through live replication intra and inter-datacenter as well as point in time backups
- Tune the Server OS and database configs to improve the performance and resiliency of the database environment
- Collaborate and consult with engineering staff in the development of new schemas, alter existing schemas, and development of queries.
- Develop and manage database monitoring/capacity planning
- Develop operational and management tool for the database infrastructure
- Experience and proficiency in PostgreSQL v9.0+ database servers running on AWS.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL backup & recovery, upgrade, patching, and performance tuning.
- Experience with data management, specifically with validating and auditing data and reports from multiple systems
- Advanced knowledge of SQL query execution, execution analysis & optimization, indexing strategies, partitioning etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL schema modeling and evolution
- Proficiency in various RDBMS replication strategies
- Experience with geo-redundant database deployments (active/active, active/standby, etc.)
- Solid Linux fundamentals including kernel and OS tuning, as they relate to DB performance and security
- Experience in DB optimization and performance tuning for faster DB operations
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating the results of analyses to influence overall strategy
- Experience with Python or a similar scripting language
- Familiarity with data modeling, predictive analysis, and data visualization