Synup is a New York City & Bengaluru based startup with operations in The United States, Canada & Australia. Our SaaS solution enables organizations to manage public facts about them across search, social, voice, connected-car ecosystems and augmented reality. Whether you're looking for a coffee shop that has wi-fi, a bar that has outdoor seating or a hospital that is open right now, Synup's services power this information across sources like Google, Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri and Yelp.
We help businesses deliver a better customer experience by ensuring that everyone is finding up-to-date, accurate and complete information about the physical stores including location, hours, menu, inventory and more. We currently manage facts for over 150,000 locations and track over a billion attributes about these businesses.
Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Design and develop reusable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Build automated DevOps delivery/deployment model to enable continuous release of software into cloud environments.
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application lifecycle.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
- We expect you to monitor and manage the infrastructure with support of Tech Leads, DevOps & PMs.
- Ensure security is up to date, monitor logs and respond to key events with the Dev team.
- Mentor/help junior colleagues.
- Good knowledge and experience in Virtualization.
- Exposure to Kubernetes, ELK stack, Terraform, Boto and CloudFormation
- Experience with building, deploying and scaling out Cloud applications on AWS(Ec2, EBS, S3, Route53, IAM, RDS, Elasticache, VPC, Cloudwatch, EKS).
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting applications in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience on monitoring tools like Nagios, Prometheus/Grafana.
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Network security, Firewalls and DDoS mitigation.
- Experience with application, performance and security monitoring and resolution.
- Knowledge on CI/CD and automation scripting(Python/Shell).
- Strong communication skills and quick learning ability.
- Experience and proficiency in PostgreSQL v9.0+ database servers running on AWS.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Basic knowledge of SQL schema modeling and evolution
- Experience with geo-redundant database deployments (active/active, active/standby, etc.)
- Solid Linux fundamentals including kernel and OS tuning, as they relate to DB performance and security