Synup (/sign-up/) is looking for an Android Developer to join our rapidly growing organisation as a critical part of the engineering team. You’ll be a critical member of a small engineering team working on our new native Android, iPhone and iPad apps (they’ll be in the app store soon). This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, but one where you’ll have influence over our whole mobile program, from design to production.
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products are essential. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what's best for the long-term health of our applications and what's best for the customers.
Job Title: Mobile Developer - Android
Location – Bangalore, India
- Design and build applications for the Android platforms. Work to architect simple, reliable and elegant Android applications.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to the team, to build multi-tier scalable, performant and reliable mobile applications.
- Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes.
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and decision-making.
- Be part of a full stack engineering team working on web and mobile applications.
- Tryout and suggest updates to our mobile app development tools & workflows.
- Take the lead to maintain, re-factor and if necessary, throw away legacy code. This is a regular drill!
You want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You’re someone who could get positions at most software companies, but you’re looking for the perfect role that has great leadership, a roster of top talent and a game-changing product vision
You also meet the following requirements:
- 2-8 years of hands-on experience on Mobile Application Development.
- Mobile Development experience using native Android SDKs is compulsory.
- Someone who has developed Mobile App and Published an application in a store.
- Experience on troubleshooting, diagnosing, prototyping, gathering requirements or supporting mobile app development as part of a team.
Synup is growing at a breakneck pace and needs builders and leaders capable of ideating, implementing and managing processes. You should be comfortable working in unstructured environments, making decisions quickly and optimizing your approach continuously.
Synup has an innovative, collaborative and passionate culture. We look for creative and driven self-starters that can think globally, relate to others empathetically and act quickly. We foster a culture of open dialogue, mutual respect and intellectual rigor, with a healthy dose of humor. If you’re a collaborative team player capable of wearing multiple hats, Synup may be the place for you.