Technical Support Engineer
Synup is a New York City & Bengaluru based startup with operations in The United States, Canada & Australia. Our SaaS solution enables organizations to manage public facts about them across search, social, voice, connected-car ecosystems and augmented reality. Whether you're looking for a coffee shop that has wi-fi, a bar that has outdoor seating or a hospital that is open right now, Synup's services power this information across sources like Google, Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri and Yelp.
We help businesses deliver a better customer experience by ensuring that everyone is finding up-to-date, accurate and complete information about the physical stores including location, hours, menu, inventory and more. We currently manage facts for over 150,000 locations and track over a billion attributes about these businesses.
Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- be the primary point of contact for technical questions and requests for assistance that our customers register in our support ticketing system.
- diagnose technical issues and help identify the root cause
- adhere to resolution SLA
- analyse logs and frequently query the database to obtain relevant information for debugging
- work with the backend team to build component dashboards for frequently occurring issues
- introduce automation into the debugging process
The kind of people we are looking for:
* You have 1+ years of work experience as a technical support engineer.
* Strong technical capability along with a strong self-starting, dedicated mentality and the ability to maintain empathy for customers.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language.
* Proficient in SQL and at least one scripting language
* Be proactive and interested in solving problems for others.
* Be able to explore and pickup new tools & languages.