Synup was built in 2014 to help marketers and business owners manage their online location data better. Since its inception, Synup’s product offering has grown, and now allows users to manage their online listings, reputation, ranking and insights, all from one dashboard. Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
Synup’s product is currently used to manage over 120,000 business locations across the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The company aims to launch its product in even more countries globally over the next few months, and plans to offer more important features and integrations in the local marketing and analytics realm to customers as well.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime.
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind.
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun.
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks.
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it.
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms.
Why are we hiring?
We’re hiring engineers for building beautiful, usable interfaces which would be used by people ranging from Plumbers, Electricians and people in large scale Enterprises at scale. We aim to provide seamless interfaces to our clients to fully understand their business.
Experience: 6+ years
You may be the right fit if you:
- Architect and own the frontend development.
- Are able to empathise with the different types of users that use our platform.
- Collaborate with the Designer and the Project Manager to translate beautiful designs into pixel perfect views.
- Are proficient in React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL, HTML and CSS
- Have a sound understanding of the GraphQL spec. You’ll only be conversing in GraphQL to multiple Backend teams for coming up with APIs that’ll be used by the frontend team. We love GraphQL at Synup.
- Build graphs and visualizations using D3.js for customer reports.
- Are obsessed about web performance and evangelise the tools that aid the team in writing performant JS code.
- Tryout and suggest updates to our frontend tools & workflows.
- Take the lead to maintain, re-factor and if necessary, throw away legacy frontend code. This is a regular exercise for us.
- We take Declarative Programming seriously. Bonus points if you agree and adhere to it.
You should include these in your application:
- A short introduction about yourself and what you’re looking for. Projects and tools you enjoyed working on.
- Links to online profiles(Github, Twitter).
- Work history(resume, LinkedIn profile etc)
We look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!