Synup is a New York City & Bengaluru based startup with operations in The United States, Canada & Australia. Our SaaS solution enables organizations to manage public facts about them across search, social, voice, connected-car ecosystems and augmented reality. Whether you're looking for a coffee shop that has wi-fi, a bar that has outdoor seating or a hospital that is open right now, Synup's services power this information across sources like Google, Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri and Yelp.
We help businesses deliver a better customer experience by ensuring that everyone is finding up-to-date, accurate and complete information about the physical stores including location, hours, menu, inventory and more. We currently manage facts for over 150,000 locations and track over a billion attributes about these businesses.
Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help you get to know your coworkers better
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
- We expect you to manage the infrastructure with support of the coworkers on the DevOps team, the Tech Leads & PMs.
- Support setting up/building/linking dev tools. eg. Git, Jira etc.
- Ensure security is up to date, monitor logs and respond to key events with the dev team
- Knowledge with building, deploying and scaling out Cloud applications on AWS (EC2, S3, Route53, IAM, RDS, Elasticache, VPC, Cloudwatch)
- Good skills with maintaining and troubleshooting applications in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Network security, Firewalls and DDoS mitigation
- Experience with application, performance and security monitoring and resolution
- Knowledge on CI/CD and automation scripting(Python/Shell)
- Strong communication skills