Synup was built in 2014 to help marketers and business owners manage their online location data better. Since its inception, Synup’s product offering has grown, and now allows users to manage their online listings, reputation, ranking and insights, all from one dashboard. Synup raised a $6M Series A round of funding during September 2017, headed by Vertex Ventures and Prime VP.
Synup’s product is currently used to manage over 120,000 business locations across the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The company aims to launch its product in even more countries globally over the next few months, and plans to offer more important features and integrations in the local marketing and analytics realm to customers as well.
We are always on the lookout for interesting people who will aid the company’s growth and help us scale faster. Dress codes and college degrees don’t matter to us. However, comprehensive skill-sets do.
Here’s how Synup functions as a workplace:
- An open culture where you can collaborate with employees from any team, anytime
- A recreational room with a gaming console and bean bags for you to unwind
- Regular team outings and lunches to help make your mechanical routine more fun
- An open pantry that has an unlimited supply of beverages and snacks
- Access to state of the art hardware if your job role seeks the need for it
- Company-paid subscriptions to countless online tools and learning platforms
We are looking for an experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing to direct and oversee our marketing department. You will design, implement and monitor effective strategies that align with our business goals.
The ideal candidate has a solid marketing background and work experience managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns. VP of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and will oversee internal Marketing teams. To be successful in this role, you should be able to play a significant role in shaping the company’s strategic planning.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s long-term success.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness
- Establish goals and create a strategy for meeting marketing deliverables and metrics; work with marketing directors to establish the team and individual goals and metrics
- Design and review the Marketing department’s budget
- Setting current and long-term goals for internal teams
- Designing and reviewing the Marketing department’s budget
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
- Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
- Work closely with VP of sales and sales directors to enhance and align efforts
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior roles
- Prior experience working at a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company is preferable
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing the strategy
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in line with company objectives
- You are metric driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to make quick decisions