The world’s leading brands trust Symphony Commerce as their partner in opening and growing online sales channels. Our platform provides brands a single tool that orchestrates the entire flow of commerce from the online store through delivery, including inventory and fulfillment. Unlike most commerce offerings, our focus is creating a platform where it’s easy to create customizable and scalable Commerce as a Service.
The Partner Tooling team is developing Symphony Commerce’s next generation of cross-platform frontend solutions including frontend abstractions to interface with certified CMS partners (eg, Adobe Experience Manager) and building productivity tools for our internal and external developer ecosystem. The team defines the standards for our partner accessible APIs and our configurable, portable component library.
Our goal at Symphony is to build our next generation of leadership from within our team. If you’re interested in taking the next step in your career, while remaining hands on for a while, this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Lead architecture and design conversations, working with product managers and principal engineers to help define our technical roadmap
- Coach and mentor team members as they learn to deal with higher scale and more complex challenges
- Collaborate with stakeholders across teams, both internal and external to Symphony, to define the next generation of front-end solutions within our developer partner ecosystem
- Passionate about finding elegant, simple solutions to complex problems in an environment where speed to market matters. Dedicated to helping others do the same.
- Constructive, candid communication, particularly when it comes to mentoring engineers and interacting with cross-team stakeholders
- Inspired to continually expand your personal knowledge base
- Dedicated to raising the bar with code reviews, tech talks, and architectural design
- Required: 6+ years overall experience web/software development
- Required: 3+ years with modern client-side frameworks (eg, React, Angular)
- Required: 2+ years experience developing enterprise-scale application
- Required: Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Bonus: Developed technical solutions and tools consumed by other engineers
- Bonus: Moved from one tech stack to another (eg, Python to Node)
- Bonus: Moved from one JS framework to another (eg, Angular to React)
- Bonus: Experience with Test Driven Development
- Bonus: Developed with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Bonus: Developed persistence and search solutions
- Place trust in your co-workers, support ideas with data, and adjust your approach as needed.
- Ask for advice, don’t assume you have all the answers, seek to learn something new every week.
- See the world through your customer's eyes; ensuring your work has the desired/maximum impact
- Speak up when you see a risk, are getting behind, or need help and encourage others to do the same.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement (401k)
- Free catered meals and office snacks
- Central location in SoMa
- Work alongside a passionate team who thrives on fun and hard work