About Symons Ambulance
Symons Ambulance is an emergency medical services company that provides 9-1-1, critical care transport, and event and air ambulance services. We take pride in offering a diverse array of specialties with the goal of being a no-hassle “one-stop shop” resource for all our clients' prehospital needs.
We are currently hiring full-time and part-time paramedics for our 9-1-1 division located in Bishop, CA. If you are interested in working in a unique environment with many opportunities to gain experience and grow in your field, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to offer our paramedics:
- Guaranteed shift pay;
- $5k sign-on bonus;
- Fuel reimbursement;
- 48-72 hours shifts.
- CA Paramedic License
- ICEMA Paramedic accreditation
- Healthcare Provider Card
- ACLS card
- Current CA Drivers License
- Render pre-hospital emergency care according to established medical protocols.
- Administer basic and advanced life support to patients at the scene, en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting, in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards, and in accordance with Company policies and guidelines.
- The paramedic will assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed.
- Complete patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
- Educate and /or train personnel and the public.
- Protect the privacy of all patient information as required by federal (and state) law and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.
- Promptly respond to instructions from a dispatcher and operate specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations at a safe and controlled speed, in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations and standards.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with the dispatcher.
- The paramedic must be a team player, and provide necessary assistance to ensure system sanitation, readiness, and adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of local geography, which includes maps, streets, and grid book systems.