About Symons Ambulance
Symons Ambulance is an emergency medical services company that provides 9-1-1, critical care transport, and event and air ambulance services. We take pride in offering a diverse array of specialties with the goal of being a no-hassle “one-stop shop” resource for all our clients' prehospital needs.
We are currently hiring part-time and full-time dispatchers to work in our Communications Center. This is an hourly role with 12-hour shifts available. We are proud to offer flexible scheduling and paid training.
- Operates the telephone console to receive incoming calls and requests for service.
- Questions the calling party regarding the needs of the sick or injured person, in order to determine the most appropriate resources(s) to respond to the request.
- Inputs vital information into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System.
- Scans the computer screen and views GPS location of ambulances to determine the most appropriate ambulance to send.
- Monitors specialized telecommunications equipment that indicate the needs of public agencies.
- Operates the two-way radio, cell phone, and paging system to dispatch ambulances and other necessary resources.
- Relays instructions, information, or questions to and from remote personnel, units, and scenes.
- Relays information between hospital staff and field providers at scenes or in ambulances.
- Records all incoming and outgoing phone calls.
- Contacts field providers to verify assignment locations, monitors dispatched units and when necessary, serves as a liaison with callers.
- Serves as a company representative promoting positive customer relationships through proactive involvement in public business and community activities.
- Current CA Drivers license
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) Training or CA State EMT card