About Symons Ambulance
Symons Ambulance is an emergency medical services company that provides 9-1-1, critical care transport, and event and air ambulance services. We take pride in offering a diverse array of specialties with the goal of being a no-hassle one-stop shop resource for all our clients' prehospital needs.
We are currently hiring qualified EMTs for our event division. This is a part-time position, consisting of mostly weekend events. As a leader in emergency event medical safety, Symons Ambulance provides its employees with medical experience at large-scale productions such as raves, music festivals, and motorsport races.
Event Emergency Medical Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide EMT shift coverage based on event needs.
- Responds to instructions from dispatch and drive the emergency vehicle to specified locations.
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, in order to establish the basic life support procedures needed to be followed, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims, and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Removes or assists in removal of victims from vehicles, or the scene of an accident or catastrophe, and assists in the transfer of victims to receiving facilities.
- Takes and records patient's vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate.
- Administers prescribed treatment at the site of an emergency, or in specially equipped vehicles, performing such activities as first aid, immobilization of injuries, application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of minor wounds or abrasions, or administration of basic life support procedures.
- Assists admitting and billing personnel to obtain and record information related to the patient's vital statistics and to establish the necessity for medical transportation.
- Completes field care report patient billing/trip ticket and daily driver's unit checkout form.
- Assist with equipment, medication and supply inventory management.
Event Emergency Medical Technician Requirements:
- CA EMT Certification
- Healthcare Provider Card
- Current CA Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers Certificate (ADC)
- Medical Examiner's Certificate (DL-51)
- Available Saturday and Sunday