Students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical 180 day school year. The problem? We're suffering from a drastic shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. Our online platform makes it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series B, YC company.
The Senior Accountant will be managing the day-to-day accounting activities at Swing Education. We are seeking a self-motivated professional to drive accounting processes and implement efficiencies. We are looking for someone to manage the relationship between Swing and our outsourced accounting firms.
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting department, including month, quarter and year-end close, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, etc.
- Manage and review the outsourced accounting firms
- Ensure that invoicing and payments to contractors are reconciled daily
- Process invoices and expense reports
- Track and manage collections/aging reports
- Oversee the timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial reporting process, including coordinating the preparation and the review of financials
- Develop and implement accounting procedures, policies, and controls as necessary
- Manage certain compliance activities including regulatory filings, tax filings, and annual audits.
- Ad hoc projects as necessary to support the business
- Bachelor’s degree (preference for a Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related)
- Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Willingness to “get your hands dirty” and demonstration of an ownership mentality
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Start-up experience a strong plus
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Family leave
- Stock options
- 401k match
- $1k/year for professional development
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.