The Scientist will work in the Research and Development team to develop new products, perform services to fulfill orders, and interact with customers to establish applications ranging from oncology to epigenetics and beyond.
The ideal candidate for this role must be a motivated scientist with excellent molecular biology bench skills. Must be experienced in nucleic acid experimentation, including next generation sequencing. Above all we are interested in problem solvers and innovators who are able to work outside of existing protocols. A track record of technology development is a plus.
Desired Skills and Background
- M.S with appropriate experience, or Ph.D. and Postdoctoral-level training in molecular biology or similar field.
- Start-up or mid-biotech industry experience is a strong plus but is not required.
- Experience in next-generation DNA sequencing applications a strong plus but is not required.
- Experienced in molecular biology/molecular genetics laboratory techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and have a big impact.
- Strong written and oral communication skills demonstrated with peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations and demonstrated editing skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience in a manufacturing or operational setting a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.