Swift is seeking a Molecular Biology Production Specialist to join our growing team. This individual will work as a part of the operations team, manufacturing next-generation sequencing kit reagents in concordance with established procedures and ISO 13485 guidelines.
- Independently perform production/manufacturing related activities to generate next-generation sequencing library reagents in a clean-room facility according to standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Coordinates production tasks to meet an assigned schedule and manages changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain batch records to document work performed.
- Maintain inventory of raw materials, controls, and samples.
- Receive packages, inspect packages, and stock production area.
- Maintain and calibrate instruments and equipment.
- Identify, report, investigate, and resolve manufacturing and operational issues.
- Participate in process validation and qualification procedures.
- Contribute to the development of continuous manufacturing process improvements.
- Establish, write, and revise production related SOPs.
- Participate in routine laboratory tasks.
- Assist Logistics with product packaging and shipping
- Assist R&D with beta kit builds
- Perform other duties as required
- This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent laboratory skills, including the ability to accurately and precisely measure volumes, weigh solids, make solutions and dilutions, and dispense liquids into small tubes and plates
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment including multi-channel pipettes, repeating pipettes, and centrifuges.
- Experience handling enzymes, DNA, and RNA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to handle several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience with computers, Excel and Word
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 or ability to adhere strictly to defined protocols and procedures
Additional Criteria of a Candidate Who Will Be Successful in This Position
- Ability to learn quickly and accept input from team members and supervisory staff
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and resourcefulness
- A self-motivated person who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or chemistry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.