Swift Biosciences is a fast-paced and growing biotechnology company that is developing novel molecular biology technologies to better characterize and understand the genome. We are an energetic, highly innovative company focused on creating tools to advance the DNA sequencing sciences. Our products are designed to help customers analyze challenging samples that are often associated with translational work, including circulating, cell-free DNA and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded samples. We develop and market NGS solutions that accelerate life sciences research. The market for Swift Biosciences products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development, and launch of high value products associated with Next Generation Sequencing.
The Business Development Manager will cover the assigned territory of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge in the area of next-generation sequencing (NGS) and DNA library preparation products and be able to demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. A strong business acumen is required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into exceeding the territory sales plan.
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, and have a deep understanding of NGS technologies. He or she must have hands-on experience with library preparation for whole genome sequencing workflows, operating Illumina sequencing instruments and data analysis. The role also requires working closely with cross-functional teams and external collaborators, so strong collaborative skills are a must.
- Develop and manage a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the territory.
- Demonstrate technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, and both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Understand scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process, including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking, through the use of the CRM system and other designated IT tools.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilizes sample prep product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations.
Desired Skills and Background
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years sales experience in Life Sciences.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of NGS. Familiarity with all major sequencing platforms: Illumina, PacBio and Ion Torrent platforms a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 60%.
- Preferred that candidate resides in one of the following metropolitan areas of Texas: Austin, Dallas or Houston.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.