Swift is seeking a Quality Control Specialist to join our growing team within our Molecular Biology Laboratory. The Quality Control (QC) Specialist primarily serves as a part of the production team testing next-generation sequencing kit reagents in concordance with established procedures and ISO 13485 guidelines. This role will also be involved in analyzing customer samples for service projects as well as being cross-trained to assist in Manufacturing and Logistics. The QC Specialist will work both independently and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to learn quickly, accept input from team members and supervisory staff, and understand NGS technologies. He or she must demonstrate sound scientific and business judgment and resourcefulness and be a self-motivated person who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Test next-generation sequencing library kit reagents and components according to defined protocols
- Perform service products utilizing Swift products
- Maintain and monitor clean room and quality control facilities and equipment
- Perform and troubleshoot next-generation sequencing library preparation for quality control according to defined protocols
- Document work in concordance with quality system guidelines and good documentation practices
- Assist Manufacturing team as demand requires to produce products
- Assist Logistics team with movement of product from production to shipping
- Perform physical inventory processes
- Perform other duties as required
- This position reports to the Quality Control Supervisor
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology, life sciences or chemistry
- Experience with handling DNA and RNA as well as performing polymerase chain reactions (PCR)
- Experience with NGS library preparation and NGS data analysis is a benefit
- Excellent laboratory skills, including the ability to accurately and precisely measure volumes, and make solutions and dilutions
- Familiarity with laboratory equipment including multi-channel pipettes, centrifuges, PCR machines, Bioanalyzer, and next generation sequencers.
- Experience handling enzymes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to handle several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience with computers, Excel and Word
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 or ability to adhere strictly to defined protocols and procedures
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.