Instructional design is the heart of our work at SweetRush, and the instructional designer is the person that makes that magic happen. Working directly with our client, the ID plans the instructional treatments to ensure that the learning solution is effective and engaging. This opportunity is a freelance position, 40 hours per week for the remainder of the year. The successful candidate can work onsite at the client's location in Indianapolis, IN or work remotely with the ability to travel onsite on occasion.
- Designs eLearning, vILT, ILT, performance support materials, and other materials as required.
- Interviews SMEs to collect content.
- Research and create content based on client brand.
- Uses eLearning authoring tools such as Storyline and Rise to develop learning modules.
- Presents and explains authored project documents (such as the design document and storyboard) to clients.
- Receives and incorporates feedback from clients and colleagues
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on eLearning and multimedia technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing adult learning principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Ability to blend and implement multiple instructional modalities including vILT, ILT, eLearning
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and establish priorities
- Superb communicator
- Confident, self-motivated, and detailed-oriented
- Capable of working effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative, innovative, flexible, and passionate about instructional design
- Experience creating how-to videos, job-aids, designing instruction that utilizes gamification
- Experience with authoring tools such as Storyline, Rise, or Evolve
- Familiarity with Agile methodology