SweetRush has a wonderful Instructional Design opportunity to work with a non-profit client in Las Vegas, Nevada whose mission is to reduce poverty and eliminate unemployment by providing vocational skills to youths, adults, and displaced workers. This is a six-month, 40 hours a week, freelance opportunity with SweetRush. The client requires the successful candidate to be onsite in the Las Vegas office. At the end of the contract, there is a possibility for the client to absorb the consultant as a full-time employee if performance meets expectations.
The Instructional Designer will work in collaboration with the Curriculum Manager, Instructors, and other professionals across the client’s enterprise to lead and support the instructional design process for delivery of Instructor-Led Training, blended, and eLearning programs.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for incorporating online learning pedagogy, student engagement strategies, educational technology, and best practices to design and enhance the learning experience and outcomes.
- Coordinate with faculty to identify and develop engaging eLearning content that meets the needs and requirements of stakeholders
- Design appropriate and effective academic assessments based on course content and load into the Canvas LMS system
- Customize content with integrated language services offerings (ESL, VESOL, Digital Literacy, etc.)
- Build course templates and prepare for deployment
- Collaborate in the development and revision of eLearning and blended training courses
- Recommend active learning strategies for adult learners, which incorporates diverse learning styles, abilities, and backgrounds
- Evaluate and ensure the quality, accuracy, and effectiveness of each program to meet industry certification requirements
- Recommend policies and procedures to improve the course development and revision processes
- Identify and help resolve ethical and accessibility implications of eLearning
- Assist with building, publishing, maintaining, and archiving all courses in the Canvas LMS
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with coursework in instructional design, educational technology, curriculum development, web design, computer science, or a related discipline
- Experience with Articulate 360 is required.
- Experience in distance learning at the post-secondary, college/university level is preferred
- Ability to assess needs, select appropriate instructional interventions, design and develop content including learning objectives, and evaluate course effectiveness
- Project management skills, including the use of a PM software
- Professional interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to write audio scripts/video scripts
- Self-motivated, self-directed and results-driven.
- Ability to adapt and exercise professional judgment in decision making
- Experience with video conferencing and/or webinar technologies
- Ability to storyboard by translating written content into visual descriptions using graphics, animations, and video scenarios