Our award-winning team is growing, and so are our fields of interest and influence. The SweetRush Engineering team is looking to fill a newly established role of Web and Mobile Application Producer to take ownership in shaping up the application development processes and to spearhead the projects that are application in nature.
An ideal candidate for this role is an accomplished web or mobile engineer, ready to step into more of an architectural and production management role. A large portion of this assignment is the redefinition of the role itself, with the right candidate potentially influencing the responsibilities and scope of this new role.
In the beginning, the following functions are envisioned as primary:
- Ongoing strategic engagements
- Define application development processes, starting from requirements intake and analysis, and extending through implementation and beyond
- Help to define scoping and planning practices, facilitating the right type of preparation for different types of projects
- Generate documentation templates required for different stages of the project development lifecycle
- Work with the sales team on proposed solutions and scoping of potential projects
- Research and advise on existing technologies and tools
- Tactical hands-on engagements
- Lead and drive production of web and mobile application projects
- Engage SweetRush engineers and developers, as well as 3rd party vendors
- Document requirements, author functional and technical specifications
- Create flow diagrams, develop models and other diagrams, and approve mocks and prototypes
Because of the 100% virtual setup of the company, all communications will have to be handled over digital channels (we mainly use Skype, Google Hangouts, and email), apart from infrequent on-site meetings. Some travel may be required.
Required Skills and Expertise
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field. MS preferred.
- At least 7 years of hands-on web or mobile engineering experience. Proven track record of working on project teams.
- At least 2 years of team lead, or software architect experience
- Experience evaluating and managing 3rd party vendor teams
- Experience with software requirements analysis
- Experience with process-driven software development methodologies
- Proven track record creating process and project-related documentation, including flowcharts, diagrams, and SDLC processes
- Fluent English – both spoken and written
- Excellent communications skills
How to succeed in your first SweetRush job interview
- Be ready to use your webcam
- If you can help it, take the call from your PC, not from your phone
- Come prepared
- If you have examples of previous work - be ready to use screen share to show it off.
- If you had experiences you’ve developing software applications as part of a team - be ready to explain and discuss
- If the job description is not clear to you - ask the interviewer to clarify
- Make sure to visit our website and get to know our company
- Ask questions
- And relax: we’re good people, who are looking for quality talent to join our team. Hopefully, this means you!