Attention: this is a remote position and a great opportunity to work from home. Candidates from all geographic locations are welcome to apply, however our development team is mostly based two to three hours of the U.S. Pacific time zone, so you should be willing to work during those hours.
SweetRush is looking for a mid-level front-end or a full-stack developer, with either a knowledge of eLearning industry, or a willingness to dive in and learn. This is an important role in the Engineering and Development team, reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and Development, but working closely with one or more lead engineers.
Historically, the most successful developers in this role are those that can contribute to multiple projects at the same time, and are willing to improve on existing techniques, frameworks and templates, as well as come up with innovations of their own. Willingness and ability to learn the company and industry-specific information is crucial. You must truly enjoy the collaboration with your colleagues and be able to step in where your help is required.
- HTML5 / CSS3 high level of competency
- Familiarity with one or more frameworks, such as: Backbone, Handlebars, Node.js, React, Angular JS, LESS and Sass
- Understanding of responsive design and mobile-first principles
- Familiarity with JSON and XML
- Optional - familiarity with Grunt, or other task runners
- Experience with one or more strongly-typed languages is a must
- Familiarity with relational database programming highly desired
- Optional - General knowledge in the area of the 3rd party backend services such as AWS and Google Cloud services.
Soft skills and generic productivity tools
- Version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Bug tracking systems
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
- Find value in collaboration
- Experienced worked in a team development environment or show capacity to do so
- like to learn and experiment, open to new ideas
Your chances are greatly increased if you
- Have experience in eLearning industry
- Know anything about Adapt framework
- Can explain the difference between SCORM 1.2 and xAPI
You will impress everyone if you can
- Look at our website http://www.sweetrush.com/ and state with confidence – I can easily do this, and better!
- Built an online game, or an interactive website
- Have experience with mobile app development and distribution
You may be expected to
- Complete a test assignment
- Be interviewed by a group of highly judgmental yet supremely talented future colleagues
This is a work-from home opportunity! Because of the 100% virtual setup of the company, all communications will have to be handled over the digital channels (phone/skype/web share/email), apart from infrequent on-site meetings. Occasional travel may be required.