SweetRush has been a world-class leader in developing custom learning solutions for the most well-known brands for 18 years. In the past two years, SweetRush has expanded our services to include culture and change consulting. Every solution we deliver at SweetRush is infused with creativity. Cultural creativity empowers leaders to create the conditions that energize and empower people and unleash energy in their teams.
We are looking for a Senior Change Management and Communications Consultant to join our team. This is a new business unit which requires high levels of energy and commitment to grow. We need someone who can flex as we chart new territory at SweetRush, someone solution focused to help us develop better and more effective ways of working together. This position requires travel, TBD based on client engagements and business development opportunities. Travel will ebb and flow, and some months could be as high as 75 percent.
The Senior Change Management and Communications Consultant is a key position focused on business development and implementing solutions. This is the ultimate position for someone who is entrepreneurial and passionate about organizational change management; is highly organized, detail oriented, and adaptable; and has exemplary writing skills.
This role reports to the Director of Cultural and Organizational Transformation. Responsibilities include business development, account management, marketing, development of proposals, project resourcing, and client consulting.
- Business Development
- Vet opportunities from the Solution Architecture team.
- Develop a suite of change management and communication packages that are appealing to the SweetRush client base.
- Work together with Solution Architects and Marketing to create a business development strategy for change management and communications services.
- Determine whether to offer change management workshops.
- Develop a pipeline of potential clients for change management:
- Explore our CRM to identify key profiles and leads.
- Set a goal for the number of email introductions and demos per month.
- Develop strategies to track which initiatives/messages have the most traction.
- Create content for marketing materials, pitch decks, and proposals.
- Work together with the Manager of Cultural and Organizational Transformation to produce proposals and SOWs and coordinate MSA execution.
- Oversight of Change Management and Communications Projects
- Perform as Lead Consultant on all change management and communications projects with strategic oversight from the Director of Cultural and Organizational Transformation.
- Provide change management consulting and facilitation.
- Conduct client interviews and focus groups.
- Assess change readiness and risk.
- Create stakeholder maps.
- Author change management reports.
- Design change management and communication strategies.
- Develop a process for managing communications and change management projects along with the Manager of Cultural and Organizational Transformation.
- Work with the Manager of Cultural and Organizational Transformation to manage clients, projects, and financials.
- Ensure each project has two consultants, ideally with at least one contractor
- Resource Development
- Vet new team members.
- Oversee contractors on change management and communications projects.
- 10+ years’ professional experience in a business setting
- 5+ years’ experience working in change management
- 5+ years’ experience working in a client-facing consulting capacity
- Experience with and drive for business development
- Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
- Confident and able to work in a high-ambiguity work environment
- Proven ability to work on a highly collaborative team and mentor others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize
- Excellent client and account management skills
- Experience in submitting written proposals
- Experience in organizational learning and development is a plus
- Warmth and ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with internal team members
and client contacts
- A sense of humor and a calm demeanor in the face of challenges that others might
- Resourcefulness in times of resource limitations and ability to wear multiple hats
- Joy in developing long-term relationships with team and clients
- Coachability: a desire and willingness to grow and be coached and to stretch yourself