SweetRush, an e-Learning & Development company, is looking for an IT (aka DevOps) rock star to play an important role in building, maintaining, and evolving the software, infrastructure, and technologies that drive our products and services.
SweetRush has been operating since 2001 and continues to grow. Our IT Department has been handled by our amazing IT Director, and now we need a self-motivated person to join this small but critically important team. Our IT team ensures the stability, integrity, and efficiency of our operations and our IT infrastructure.
But wait! There’s more! You'd be helping to build scalable and redundant systems with a focus on automating systems for deployment, maintenance, and security. We have ever growing and changing security requirements, so you’ll get to apply your security knowledge.
If you’re passionate about performance, reliability and security, we'd love to chat!
Some of the role’s responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of servers while always keeping an eye on security.
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems’ server-side software and related infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server resources, systems, and key processes.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues, ensuring effective and timely resolution. This will include desktop support for our users.
- Ensure the stability and security of operational systems, as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain.
- Work with cutting-edge tools and systems to provide services.
- Knowledge of Ubuntu server (Linux servers in general) and Bash scripting.
- Knowledge of SSH, Rsync, Bacula in helpful
- Broad understanding of tools and Technologies - Source control, continuous integration, infrastructure automation, deployment Automation and orchestration, container concepts, orchestration, cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Strong Linux system architecture experience
- Should be familiar with providing desktop support including: web applications, familiarity with Mac OS, Windows, and Ubuntu; antivirus software; computer hardware; troubleshooting; etc.
- Familiarity with server administration duties such as back-up validation, server security patching, parse logs, and calling out suspect IPs.
- Experience working with and implementing different security practices and protocols (particularly spotting and mitigating hacking attempts).
- Self-directed and dependable
- Problem solver (find the simplest solution to a problem)
- User-centric (loves to help users and others) with a passion for living life in a way that leaves a positive mark daily on your coworkers, clients, and community
- Strong communication skills (in both technical and non-technical subjects)
- Basic understanding of security concepts required to secure servers or applications
- A strong understanding of automation testing and the importance of testing
- Strong understanding of networking concepts
- Must be flexible and capable of handling many different tasks
- Strong desire for collaboration and teamwork
If the above describes your interests and experience, please submit a current resume and your salary requirements through the link below.