SweetRush is seeking a uniquely-qualified individual for the role of Key Accounts Manager. If you have a strong background managing accounts in a consulting/agency environment, are a results-driven, strategic thinker, and are able to create consensus and inspire action in others, please read on!
The Key Accounts Manager defines, oversees, influences, and tracks the activities of cross-disciplinary team members who contribute to nurturing and growing partnerships with our clients. This is the ultimate position for someone who is a consummate leader with exceptional account management, sales enablement, and program management skills. Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail are must-haves, as is the ability to carve your own path and make a significant, positive impact within a new position.
We are looking for a results driver who is self-directed and passionate about increasing business inside existing accounts. Our ideal candidate can also execute tactics, as well as look across our holistic approach to account management and target and implement efficiencies. This role also requires a great communicator who, by their writing, voice, presence, and intelligence, immediately engenders trust with teammates.
A day in the life for this position will include leading and documenting strategic account planning (including goals and objectives for increasing revenue through sales and marketing activities); tracking and reporting on account health, activity, and performance; triggering business development activities to be performed by other team members; and project managing account-based marketing campaigns (in collaboration with the marketing team). You will receive input from leadership and colleagues with insights into account opportunities and challenges that you will translate into strategy and action.
- Strategic thinker who can leverage account management expertise to identify tailored, effective ways to nurture and grow accounts.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a virtual company in which team members are located all over the world.
- Exceptional written and verbal English skills.
- Highly professional demeanor in all communications; ability to speak in a clear, concise manner and present ideas on team calls and in internal presentations.
- Program management expertise; ability to engage team members, inspire them to take action, and diligently follow-up to ensure action is taken.
- Experience in successfully conducting business development campaigns and supporting the key account team members to develop relationships with targeted decision makers.
- A sense of humor and a calm demeanor in the face of challenges others might find stressful.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Resourcefulness in times of resource limitations and the ability to wear multiple hats.
- Joy in developing long term relationships with team and internal clients.
- Embodying and representing SweetRush’s values of partnership, fairness, creativity and customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field (minimum!)
- 5+ years’ experience working in a leadership role with account management
- 5+ years’ experience in or orientation towards business development
- Expert level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project
- Strong experience with sales and marketing automation tools (e.g., Hubspot, Act-On, Marketo)
- Experience with Google enterprise tools (Drive, Docs, Slides), Atlassian Confluence, and LucidPress is a plus
- Ability to travel between 0-10% with international travel a definite possibility
PS: A bit about SweetRush—This year we will celebrate our 18th-anniversary developing performance improvement / training solutions. We have a significant list of high-profile clients such as Bridgestone, Mondelez, Cisco—and we are very good at keeping our clients happy and working with us year after year. We are a powerhouse of blended learning solutions and extremely adept at crafting highly engaging, graphically rich, blended learning experiences, including gamification and mobile learning. We have a fantastic team and culture and a ‘near-zero’ turnover. We are that unique kind of company where everyone feels respected acknowledged and treated fairly. In 2009, we went virtual and our team is geographically distributed, but very tightly connected.
We have managed, largely via referrals and marketing, (we do not have salespeople!) to attract a great group of clients, and we anticipate quite a bit of continued growth into 2019.
If this sounds like your next career opportunity, please apply!