SweetRush has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join our Engineering & Development team!
This is a key role, designed to improve the connections between the SweetRush Technical and Sales teams, and reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and Development.
You will serve as one of the “technical faces” of the company, ultimately becoming an expert in our technical offerings as well as the established and emerging technologies. You will spend your time between our technical groups and the Sales team, contributing to proposals, technical specifications, and project ideation.
You must be a competent coder and researcher. You must also be a technological generalist, able to learn new tools and techniques while keeping your mind open to nonstandard solutions. You will have to be comfortable operating in different layers of technical expertise—from LMS expertise to high-end web development; from virtual reality frameworks to mobile applications; and so on.
While not primarily a hands-on position, this role will require you to provide some hands-on support, as you may be responsible for demos and prototypes.
Because of the 100% virtual setup of the company, we handle all communications over the digital channels (phone/Skype/Web Share/email), apart from infrequent on-site meetings. Some travel may be required.
- Experienced in the areas of web and mobile application development
- Familiar with the eLearning industry
- Familiar with VR and AR concepts
- Familiar with the concept of LMS and LCMS
- Not afraid to dive into unfamiliar technical waters, learning, researching, and innovating
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Open to occasional, required travel
- Work with engineers from eLearning and Emerging Technologies—as well as developers from both technical groups—on understanding and expanding our portfolio of technical offerings.
- Support the Solution Architects and Project Managers.
- Actively influence the sales process by contributing to the development of RFI responses, proposals, statements of work, and change orders.
- Review proposals and brainstorm solutions.
- Get your hands dirty—create prototypes, wireframes, and technical presentations.
- Collaborate on new creative solutions for eLearning, web development, and mobile and mixed reality initiatives.
- Conduct research on existing tools, systems, and techniques.
- Engage with clients to explain, handhold, and reason in favor of preferred and recommended technical solutions.
- Be professional.
- Be bold.
- Be creative.
- Be innovative.
- Be inquisitive, always learning.
- Turn problems into solutions.
Required Skills and Expertise
- BS degree in computer science or a related field—MS preferred
- At least seven years of related experience
- Understanding of the LMS basics and key eLearning protocols
- Software/web development or IT background
- Hands-on experience with web, mobile, or mixed reality coding
- Fluency in English—both spoken and written
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to make quick decisions, and form and defend strong opinions
If the above describes your interests and experience, please submit a current resume and your salary requirements. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note: We're all about remote work and have collaborators based all around the world; however, SweetRush is a U.S. company with English as our primary language. If you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume in English.