SweetRush has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join our IT team!
We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. Your primary focus will be the development of productivity tools. You will be expected to use TDD ( test driven development ) throughout the process.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Ruby on Rails applications that support our products and services (for example: helping to create customized automation and productivity tools for internal applications).
- Use TDD (test driven development) throughout the entire lifecycle to ensure reliability and code and future maintainability of code.
- Debug and troubleshoot existing code.
- Write and maintain code using secure methodologies.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience of TDD development in Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of TDD methodologies
- Strong understanding of the importance of unit tests
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Extensive experience using RSpec or MiniTest
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent ability for writing clean, readable, and maintainable Ruby code
- Familiarity with using Linux as a primary OS and development environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- A clear understanding of unit test principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, primarily Git
- Comfortable with command line tools, e.g. bundler, rake, etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of Docker and docker-based deployment
If the above describes your interests and experience, please submit a current resume and your salary requirements. We look forward to meeting you!
Please note, we're all about remote work and have collaborators based all around the world, however, SweetRush is a US company and as a result, English is our primary language. If you'd like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume in English