This is a full-time position with SweetRush. The successful candidate can be located anywhere in the US or Canada. L&D industry experience is an absolute requirement. This is a work-from-home opportunity.
SweetRush is seeking a uniquely-qualified individual for the role of Marketing Content Writer. If you have a depth of experience in Learning and Development and can apply that knowledge to create exceptional marketing content, please read on!
As the Marketing Content Writer, your mission is to create and develop the stories SweetRush has to tell to inform the industry, engage prospects, and win customers. You’ll develop a steady flow of fresh, compelling content for various marketing channels and programs: articles, eBooks, case studies, brochures, newsletters, press releases, and award submissions. You may also work on video scripts, presentations, and other storytelling vehicles.
You’ll bring your own deep knowledge of and experience in the learning and development industry to these efforts, as well as conducting outside research and interviewing our in-house thought leaders and subject matter experts.
And, you’ll work with an awesome team of talented marketing professionals who collaborate to create strategic, visually stunning, and effective marketing campaigns that help build our brand. We are constantly learning and growing together in an environment of respect, caring, and positivity.
We are looking for an individual to bring passion, creativity, fresh thinking, and a desire to truly add to the conversation in the industry about the most interesting concepts and trends happening in L&D.
This is a 100% remote position, so you must be comfortable with and experienced at working virtually.
When you apply, please provide us with a cover letter and writing samples, thank you!
- Exceptional writer and persuasive communicator
- Engaging storyteller
- Adept at developing a range of content types
- Excellent listener and researcher who can “connect the dots” between what’s happening in the industry and what we’re doing at SweetRush
- Creative team player who loves to collaborate
- Productive in a fast-moving environment
- Reliable, adhering to deadlines
- Experience with Google enterprise tools (Drive, Docs, Slides), Atlassian Confluence and Jira a plus
- Reliably deliver well-crafted, insightful content on a wide variety of L&D topics
- Create concise, eye-catching headlines and promotional content
- Ability to bring humor and interesting insights to topics that might otherwise be dry
- Manage the content development process from ideation to final product: concepting, research and interviewing, writing, gathering and implementing feedback
- Integrate SEO techniques as recommended by our SEO marketing specialist
- Participate in marketing planning and content planning, brainstorming ideas for new campaigns
- Proofread and edit other content as requested
- 5 years of experience working in the L&D industry (e.g., instructional design, learning consultant, etc.)
- 5 years of relevant B2B content generation
- BA degree in a related field such as journalism, creative writing, English, communications, public relations
- Experience working in a management consulting industry is a plus
PS: A bit about SweetRush—This year we will celebrate our 18th-anniversary developing performance improvement/training solutions. We have a significant list of high-profile clients such as Bridgestone, Mondelez, Cisco—and we are very good at keeping our clients happy and working with us year after year. We are a powerhouse of blended learning solutions and extremely adept at crafting highly engaging, graphically rich, blended learning experiences, including gamification and mobile learning. We have a fantastic team and culture and a ‘near-zero’ turnover of employees and clients. We are that unique kind of company where everyone feels respected acknowledged and treated fairly. In 2009, we went virtual and our team is geographically distributed, but very tightly connected.
We have managed, largely via referrals and marketing, (we do not have salespeople!) to attract a great group of clients, and we anticipate continued growth into 2019 and beyond.